Brighten up your living space with something cheery and colourful. On top of that, add in some upcycling and materials you probably already have around your home and you are on your way to making a festive centre piece.
I have put together a tutorial to make a bouquet of lovely plarn flowers. You can choose any colour or size to suit your style. Also, there is a link to make Plarn (plastic - yarn) in the materials list so no one misses out!)
1) Wind the plarn around your fingers. The more wraps the more dense the pompom.
fyi: to make bigger pompoms, simply spread your fingers wider apart so you get more length to each wrap.
2) Gather the centre of the wraps and pinch to together.
3) With a separate piece of matching plarn, tie around centre as tight as you can without ripping the plastic.
4) Snip the loops on both sides.
5) Fluff out all pieces of the pompom and ensure you have cut all the loops.
To make the pompom flowers:
1)Prepare your stems. Grab some sticks from the ground. Cut off all foliage and measure the correct length to sit in your chosen vase.
2) Snip the top on a slight slant, but don't make it razor sharp!
3) Relocate the centre of the pompom.
4) Gently push the stick into the centre of the pompom,parallel to the strips of plastic.