Now, you should know that I am a Double Pointed Needle (DPN) sock knitter/lover from years back. I thought I could live a fulfilled life using DPNs to satiate my sock knitting needs, however every knitter knows: There is always more to learn. Let me tell you the 5 reasons why you are going to love this ebook..
- Liat is thorough. Liat has managed to collate a lot of info in one snug spot. She has taken the time to deliver two methods of instruction: written (with links to relevant patterns) and clear, concise videos. No matter your learning style, this ebook caters to everyone.
- The ebook is fun! As mentioned, there is a lot of knitting information to digest, which could be daunting for absolute beginners. (14 chapters worth!). Liat has managed to put a fun spin to her writing and in her videos, which makes the learning process more like a social knitting session rather than a knitting seminar! "But to put in all the work of knitting a sweater without making sure it will fit right is a tragedy!"
- There is something for everyone. Whether you are new to knitting or have been casting on for years, you are bound to pick up one neat trick of the trade in this ebook. As mentioned, I have been knitting socks on DPNs for years, however I thought I'd give Liat's Magic Loop method a go. I admit, I had my reservations as I thought perhaps I would be trading a porcupine for a snake but through Liat's very precise and helpful videos, I felt like she was there beside me, anticipating my next question.
- Free patterns! Yay! Everyone loves free patterns, especially when they are one click away! All the patterns apply to the techniques you have just learned. Clever!
- This ebook is accessible. You can read it on your tablet at a KIP, on your phone on the train to work or on your computer at your desk....obviously on your lunch break! Because Liat has chosen to deliver the ebook online, with one download there is no where you can't take it.
I genuinely think Liat has covered a lot of helpful and insightful information that caters to a sock knitter and beginner knitters in general. I really can't fault her work however will offer this word of caution for those seeking advice outside of the Americas. While discussing needle size, Liat covers a common mistake that 7mm are size 7 Us. She then states "Just stick to US sizes when asking your yarn shop for what you need and you will be fine." This, albeit obvious to some, for new knitters I reiterate that in Australia we use the metric needle sizes.
Liat, Congratulations on your ebook, I am a better knitter having read your it!.
You can Get To Know Liat Gat of Knit Freedom in an interview posted earlier this month.
*Term I have coined to describe the excited push from one knitter to another when you discover something new/fun in the world of knitting.